Camps and Retreats
Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, Anaikatti, offers short term camps and retreats on different topics, that can help people grow in terms of emotional maturity and gain an insight into our rich spiritual heritage. There are camps for adults and children. The duration of a camp may range from 2 days to a week, or more. These camps & retreats are conducted by disciples of Pujya Swamiji. These camps provide an opportunity for people who are looking to get an insight into Vedanta or to have a refreshing, meaningful and enriching retreat, in a serene and soothing atmosphere, away from their hectic city life.
There have been fewer camps and retreats offered at the Gurukulam in the last few years due to the long term courses. The Gurukulam plans to offer more short term camps going forward.
A Typical vedanta camp schedule:
- 5:45 am – Puja at temple
- 7:00 to 7:30 am – Meditation
- 8:00 to 8:30 am – Breakfast
- 9:00 to 10:00 am – Class # 1
- 10:45 to 11:15 am – Chanting or Yoga
- 11:30 to 12:30 pm – Class #2
- 12:45 to 1:30 pm – Lunch
- 3:00 to 4:00 pm – Gurukula Seva
- 4:30 to 5:30 pm – Class #3
- 6:00 to 7:00 pm – Evening Arati at Temple
- 7:15 to 7:45 pm – Dinner
- 8:00 to 9:00 pm – Satsang
Recent Camp: Childrens camp was held at the Gurukulam from May 1st to May 8th 2016
For more details see the camp-brochure.