108 Day Residential Vedanta Course
By the grace of Lord Dakshinamurti and Pujya Swamiji, a 108 Day Vedanta Course is planned to start on 2nd September 2019. Any applicant with the following eligibility can apply for the course. Applicants may be interviewed as part of the selection process. The medium of instruction is English. The textbooks will be provided by the Gurukulam.
- Age: 25 to 65 years
- Graduate in any discipline
- Conversant in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Complete, uninterrupted availability during the duration of the course
- Interest in inner growth and self-knowledge under the guidance of a teacher
- Physical and mental stamina to attend 6 sessions a day along with seva for an hour as well as attending temple puja
- Vision of the entire Bhagavad-Gita with a brief explanation of each verse
- Tattvabodha, an introductory text to Vedanta
- Chanting of puja mantras used in the temple
- Sanskrit – Level 01 : No prior knowledge of Sanskrit alphabets is required. Textbook, Infant Reader, will be covered upto first 10 lessons.
- Sanskrit – Level 02: Familiarity with Sanskrit alphabets and some exposure to the language is expected. The textbook, Infant Reader, will be covered upto the twentieth lesson.
- Sanskrit – Level 03: Familiarity with declensions of basic nouns and verbs. The textbook, Infant Reader, will be covered completely with grammar points.
|Swami Sadatmananda Saraswati||Chief Acharya|
|Swami Vishwatmananda Saraswati||Sanskrit Level 03|
|S N Ramachandran||Sanskrit Level 02|
|Br. Sharan||Sanskrit Level 01|
|5:30 – 6:30 am (Optional)||Temple Puja|
|6:30 am – 7:00 am||Temple Arati|
|7:15 am – 8:00 am||Meditation|
|8:00 am – 8:30 am||Breakfast|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||First Vedanta Class|
|10:30am – 11:00 am||Chanting Class|
|11:30 am – 12:30 pm||Sanskrit Class|
|2:30 pm – 3:30 pm||Seva|
|4:30 pm – 5:30 pm||Second Vedanta Class|
|6:30 – 7:00 pm||Temple Puja|
|8:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Satsang|
Attendance in all activities is expected.
Please note that this course is a prerequisite for an 18 months course that may be offered between January 2020 and July 2021. The students will be selected for the subsequent one year course starting from August 2021 from the 18 months course.
No certificate will be given for any of the courses. Emphasis will be on inner growth and vision more than academic excellence.
No tuition fee collected for any of the above courses. However, suggested donations towards food and accommodation would be Rs. 10000/- per month. A letter for student visa for courses of one year or more will be given by the Gurukulam, if required.
Last date for submission of application: Already over. We do not accept new applications anymore. You can try next time.
For additional course related information, kindly check out our FAQ. For unresolved questions, kindly write to the Course Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Br. Sharan at +91 94422 42600.